Born to a German father and Hungarian mother, Sarah grew up in the Alps in Germany and Austria. She studied art, movement and dance in Munich. After moving to California in 2001, she began to pursue studies of healing through the body: she became a Pilates and Yogilates instructor, pursued a B.F.A. in Painting and Performance Art and attended the Tamalpa Institute (movement based expressive arts therapy) as well as holistic massage school. During this period she also obtained her Certificate as a Sexological Bodyworker from the Institute for Advanced Studies of Human Sexuality in San Francisco and studied varied approaches to intimacy coaching.
She found the focus of her work in her studies of Peter Levine's Somatic Experiencing™ and Ray Castellino's Prenatal and Birth Therapy. Deepening her commitment to healing through the body, she obtained an M.A. in Clinical Psychology with a Specialization in Somatic and Pre/Perinatal Psychology.
Sarah has been studying in-depth with Ray Castellino since 2010 and sees his teachings as the true foundation of her work. She feels honored to be offering his findings and principles to her clients. Sarah lectures and teaches on the intersection of PPN Psychology and adult intimate relationships.
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Somatic/Pre- and Perinatal Psychology Specialization, TCSPP, Los Angeles, CA
- BFA in Studio Arts / Transformative Arts, JFK University, Berkeley, CA
Trainings / Certifications:
- Somatic Experiencing, SETI, Berkeley, CA
- Prenatal & Birth Trauma Training, Ray Castellino, Ojai, CA
- Advanced Energetic Bodywork Training, Anna Chitty & Ray Castellino, Boulder, CO
- Movement Based Expressive Arts Therapy Training, Tamalpa Institute, San Anselmo, CA
- Holistic Massage Therapy Certification, World School of Massage, San Francisco, CA
- Sexological Bodywork Certification, IASHS, San Francisco, CA
- Waterbalancing Training, Italy
- Pilates & Yogilates Instructor Certifications, The Physical Mind Institute, Integrative Teacher Training, Jonathan Urla
- Somatic Experiencing Training, SETI, Berkeley, CA
- Prenatal and Birth Therapy Training, Ray Castellino, Ojai, CA
- Pre- and Perinatal Trauma Training, Myrna Martin, Vancouver, Canada
- Advanced Energetic Somatic Training, Ray Castellino & Anna Chitty, Ojai, CA